ATTENTION: It is with great regret that we have to announce that YKW will be closing on May 21, 2022. Our new landlord, Sycamore SC, LLC 1301 E. Millbrook Rd, Raleigh NC 27609 919-307-8381 has decided that they do not want to be associated with "our type of business" (his exact words) and refuses to renew our lease that expires on June 1 2022. He did not care that we have been a great tenant for over 10 years in this building under the previous owner, never had any issues with the city or with the police, always paid our rent on time, even during covid or anything else, he just doesn't want to be associated with our type of business.
We are working on finding a new location and hope to have something soon. When we do we will post here as to where that will be and when we will reopen.
Please keep checking here on our website for when we reopen, it may take some time but we will do everything we can to reopen as soon as we can. YKW has over 40,000 members and we will keep fighting to bring you a new bigger, better club than before, Don't give up on us as we will not give up on you and the rest of the swinger/lifestyle community.
UPDATE MAY 2023
We are still trying our best to reopen, we have had several setbacks, but we are still moving forward. Our original investor backed out on us after months of him saying he was going to do this. We then found another investor who came to us who said he wanted to help us with this. The second investor said that he bought the land that I showed him, and that the city wanted him to do soil testing. After about five months of him saying that he was still waiting for the soil test I was able to find out that he never bought the land or did the test.
We then were able to get pre-approved for a 2-million-dollar bank loan, I will not go into how I was able to do that. We also put down a deposit on the land that we want to build on. The last piece of the puzzle is to design and have a building built that stays within our loan amount. I have designed seven different buildings that I have submitted to four different builders and unfortunately, they have all come back way over the loan approval. We are currently working with a new builder who is also a club member and is eager to help us reopen. The new builder has two different floor plans that I drew up and is working on getting me a price on the construction, I have another floor plan as a back up just in case what I submitted to him is still over budget.
Hopefully things will work out in our favor, and we can get this built for under 2 million as we are putting everything on the line to try everything we can to reopen and give everyone a place to call home again. I will post again when I have more solid news as I do not want to get people’s hopes up until I know something for sure.